Influencing Economic Engagement
Funded by Advantage West Midlands this project promoted the value of the voluntary and community sector to the West Midlands economy in order that the sector is integral to addressing regional economic priorities.
Through the project we:
- Supported voluntary and community organisations that want to make better use of research and data for economic purposes
- Worked with partners to improve the engagement of the sector with the economic agenda
- Provided support to organisations that want to contribute to key debates and investment decisions
- Enabled the provision of appropriate business support to the sector by contributing to a better understanding of their business needs.
- Contributed to the adoption of good practice in a number of key areas, making the link between good practice and improved service delivery.
As you will see, this was a broad project and the activities we undertook changed to reflect the changes in government. Much of this work was published in the form of sector briefings, Action News articles or as one-off publications. (See Sector intelligence and Resources for more information.)
We are also becoming more directly involved in discussions with key members of parliament.