The Outcomes Star™ both measures and supports progress for service users towards self-reliance or other goals. The Stars are designed to be completed collaboratively as an integral part of key work.
They are sector wide tools – different versions of the Star include homelessness, mental health and young people.
All versions consists of a number of scales based on an explicit model of change which creates coherence across the whole tool and a Star Chart onto which the service user and worker plot where the service user is on their journey. The attitudes and behaviour expected at each of the points on each scale are clearly defined, usually in detailed scale descriptions, summary ladders or a quiz format.
- Outcomes Star is both a case-management and an outcomes-measurement tool developed by Triangle Consulting
- It has core areas that have been found to be critical in enabling children to thrive. For each area, there is a ten point scale from ‘Stuck’ to ‘Effective Parenting
- Service user & worker develop a shared understanding of what needs to change.
- The Service user and worker then develop a case plan.
- The Service user and worker track the difference that is being created, reviewing progress periodically
- Analysis of movement within domains, over time, provides outcomes measurement.
As part of commissioning services in the future there will be an expectation that Outcomes Star is used in casework with children and families.
In order for your staff to understand and use the Outcomes Star, Training dates are available:-
21 July 2016
24th August 2016
27th September 2016
21 October 2016
1 November 2016
9 December 2016
15 December 2016
All sessions are from 9.30-4.30 taking place at Providence Place, West Bromwich, B70 8SZ
To book you place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org