Health and Well-being news alert Issue 2
URGENT! Meet the Funder events - Innovation Excellence and Strategic Development (IESD) Fund
The next funding round (for 2012-13) for the Innovation Excellence and Strategic Development Fund will be launching later this summer. Department of Health are running two "Meet the Funder" events later this month. One to be held in London on the afternoon of Wednesday 27 July and the other in Leeds on the afternoon of Thursday 28 July.
If you wish to attend, please could you send an e-mail by close of play Tuesday 19th July to: email@example.com. The e-mail should have:
- "Leeds" or "London" contained in the e-mail's title banner depending on which event you wish to attend.
- A completed booking form attached. A blank version is attached below.
Only one representative per organisation.
NHS Commissioning Board update
A new document has been produced around 'Developing the NHS Commissioning Board'.
Secretary of State announces fifth cohort of pathfinders
In his speech to the NHS Confederation’s annual conference in Manchester on 7 July, the Secretary of State announced the fifth cohort of pathfinders – GPs and front-line clinicians who have come forward to lead the way in modernising the NHS.
In total, 257 groups of GP practices from across the country, covering around 97% of the population, have now come forward so they can directly commission services focused on delivering the best results for their patients.
For more information go to: http://healthandcare.dh.gov.uk/fifth-cohort-of-pathfinders.
Personal health budgets "Update" July 2011
This month’s edition of "Update", the personal health budgets information sheet has been published.
VODG (Voluntary Organisations Disability Group) and NCF (National Care Forum) have produced a number of JSNA resources in partnership with Local Government Improvement and Development (LGID).
- Download the policy briefing sheet [336kB, PDF]
- Download the template for engagement - for voluntary sector organisations to use to help them to engage with the JSNA process [338kB, PDF]
- Download the template for engagement to be distributed to statutory sector organisations – included for your information [348kB, PDF]
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
End of Life care policy roundup
The National Council for Palliative Care has created a useful summary of emerging policy and implications for End of Life care. [342kB, PDF].