- Lurk then talk. Take some time to understand the group culture before you post anything.
- Pay attention. Your posts will be read by a range of people. Check them for spelling and grammar and take care in what you write.
- Be brief and to the point. Use subject lines that reflect the content of your post. Don’t ramble off-topic. If you are replying to a post, summarise just what you are responding to.
- Don’t be anonymous. It helps others if you include a snippet of information at the bottom of the post – name, phone number, email or a short quote are all acceptable.
- Be considerate. Don’t ridicule others for their lack of knowledge – share what you know and if someone makes a mistake help them out – politely.
- Don’t shout, unless you want to emphasis a point avoid typing works or phrases in caps. IT LOOKS AS THOUGH YOU ARE SHOUTING.
- Avoid flaming. Don’t send heated messages – it’s not acceptable in the online community and doesn’t achieve anything!
- Advertising is a no-no! The purpose of the forum is to help RAWM members be more effective in their work by enabling discussion and the sharing of information. Sharing good practice and case studies is fine – unsolicited, off-topic advertising is not.