Sportivate: coaching funding
Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire Sport is currently accepting applications for funding for the Sportivate programme for delivery during the period from 1st October 2012 to 31st March 2013.
The closing date for applications is Monday 13th August 2012.
Sportivate is a Lottery funded grants programme linked to the Olympic Legacy Strategy ‘Places, People, Play’ and aims to get more 14-25 year olds into participating in sport on a regular basis. Funding is available for delivery of 6 week blocks of coaching to give participants a taste of an activity they have not tried before, in order to engage them and encourage them to continue to participate in a community setting.
Key Points to Consider Before Applying
- Sportivate projects must be able to show that effective consultation has taken place to demonstrate that there is adequate demand for the delivery to take place. Please note that consultation and market research must include methods in addition to using the Active People Survey, School Sport Partnership Surveys and the Sport England Market Segmentation Tool.
- There must also be strong evidence that an effective, safe and viable exit route is available and is in place for participants to attend after the 6 sessions of coaching. Ideally this should be a link to a community sports club, or sports delivery within a community setting.
- Projects should target the 14-25 year old age bracket, targeting the ‘Semi-Sporty’ segment i.e. teenagers and young adults who may not seek out sporting opportunities themselves and who would not prioritise doing sport in their own time or those who are doing sport for a very limited amount of time.
- Please also note that Sportivate funding can be used to support the sustainability element of your project – such as training workforce, helping to set up a club etc. – if you would like further information on this please contact Ruth Owen-Evans.
Ruth Owen-Evans, Partnership Development Officer (Communities & Performance) Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire (CSW) Sport is happy to discuss any potential bids or ideas that you or your partners may have so please contact her on the details below. Please also see the Sportivate webpage www.cswsport.org.uk/sportivate for associated downloads and updates.
In order to support you with submitting applications, Ruth has also organised two application workshops; which will take place as follows;
- 6-8pm Tuesday 12th June (venue TBC)
- 6-8pm Wednesday 11th July (venue TBC)
Please contact her if you’d like to book a place on one of these workshops and she’ll update you with the venue details asap.
Partnership Development Officer (Communities & Performance)
Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire (CSW) Sport
T : 024 7657 4199 F : 024 7657 4203 M: 07824 541 114 W : www.cswsport.org.uk
P : CSW Sport, c/o The University of Warwick, Westwood Campus, Coventry, CV4 7AL