G:up puts participation on the map
G:up’s new participation report, produced by Midlands Youth and Playtrain through the G:up’s three-year, Big Lottery-funded G:XL project, mapping children and young people’s participation across the region and providing a number of useful participation resources.
This report analyses G:XL’s recent audit of children and young people’s participation in each West Midlands local authority, looking at both statutory and voluntary and community sector providers, as well as health and arts and culture.
There are a number of interesting and potentially stand alone resources within the report including:
- Findings of the mapping exercise
- Presentation of models of good practice for engagement of children and young people
- Research into the role and impact of Participation Champions across the West Midlands
- Participation activities that you could do in your organisation
- New minimum standards for CYP participation, produced through analysis of existing frameworks and consultation with participation champions and young people.
For more G:XL information and resources, visit the G:up website: www.gup.org.uk/gxl.
If you have any comments or feedback, please send them to G:up at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0121 460 5870.