INSPIRE AND CONTRIBUTE TO AN INDEPENDENT AND VIBRANT ORGANISATION
RAWM is looking for exceptional individuals to help with the governance of our independent and vibrant voluntary sector organisation which has a significant presence in and across the wider West Midlands.
We are seeking to appoint new trustees to a role in influencing and supporting the strategic engagement of voluntary and community sector organisations in shaping and delivering strong local communities, agendas and services. RAWM is a ‘regional’ service facilitator and a facilitator of sector involvement and disseminator of information in programmes that would be delivered on a local level, but which are planned on a much wider geographic basis.
RAWM delivers in a challenging environment a wide range of activities aimed at enabling civil society organisations to better understand, work with and shape government policies to meet the needs of the population of the West Midlands. With over 20,000 registered civil society organisations across the West Midlands this is a substantive role.
Around 9 days per year and it is a voluntary position
Skills and abilities needed for a trustee
• passion about and commitment to the values and principles of the sector
• ability to operate effectively at a senior board level
• ability to think strategically
• understanding the role of a support organisation and a commitment to advocacy
• excellent communication and representational skills
• commitment to diversity and equal opportunities
• understanding of political and social environmental trends and the potential contribution and value that can be delivered through the voluntary and community sector
Meetings are held quarterly, normally in Birmingham but it is hoped to hold meetings across the West Midlands.
How to apply
CV applications should be no more than 2 sides of A4 demonstrating your suitability to meet the above criteria. For more information see supporting document [DOC, 417kB]
Completed applications must be received no later than noon 20th February 2015