West Midlands PCC Consultation: commissioning services for victims of crime
Further to the PCC’s successful series of consultation events held in each borough throughout the region last year, the OPCC is holding a second event to update your organisation on the progress made in commissioning services for victims of crime.
This second event will also consolidate David Jamieson’s commitment to work with the voluntary sector, originally initiated by his predecessor Bob Jones and will inform your organisation about funding opportunities for 2015/16.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
• Share progress
• Consider the relevance of the Victims’ Code for the voluntary sector
• Strengthen links between local voluntary agencies and local Victim Support services
• Progress our understanding of whether specific groups in the community can/are accessing support
• Scope provision for young victims of crime (other than CSE/CSA)
The outcome of the event will be:
• The Victims Commission is updated on issues specific to geographical areas
• The Victims Commission is updated on what is available for young victims of crime
• Voluntary organisations understand funding opportunities for 2015/16
• That communication is a two way process between the wider voluntary sector and the Victims Commission