Social integration: Avoiding age, ethnicity and income segregation
Confirmed panellists for this event include:
- Chair, Daniel Guthrie (Commissioner and Trustee at The Challenge)
- Mashuq Ally (Assistant Director for Equalities, Community Safety and Cohesion, Birmingham City Council)
- Ravinder Masih (Head of Villa in the Community)
- Sarah Nelson (Young Heroes Leader, City Year)
- Rt Revd David Urquhart (Bishop of Birmingham)
- Nick Venning (Marketing Director, Global Industries at PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- Daniel Zastawny (Trustee, The Lench's Trust)
The UK is becoming increasingly diverse by age, by ethnicity and by social class. This event will explore the opportunities people have to mix across lines of difference and consider the benefits of increased social contact between different groups of people.
Come along to share your experiences and make suggestions which will feed into Commission recommendations and change Britain for the better.
The event will include small group discussions on three themes:
- What social integration means to you and why you think it matters.
- Things that help and things that prevent social contact between different groups of people in Birmingham.
- What you think should be done to increase levels of integration between people of different ages, ethnicities and social backgrounds.