Setting things up to last
What can Big Local learn now, from long-established volunteer and / or community activities and projects that began 10, 20, or even 30 years ago?
What inspired the people behind these to get started in the first place? What were the early choices they made that ended up being important to their success? What were the tough times? What are their biggest achievements? What skills have proved most important to their long life?
At this learning and networking event we will hear from three community-led groups or projects who will share their stories. Together with people from other Big Local areas you will be able to talk and ask questions to these groups about the challenges of establishing something that lasts. We will also learn how they made it work.
This event is for people who want to:
- hear from people involved in community-led projects and activities which have been going
- for 10 years or more, and the lessons they can offer to Big Local
- explore different ideas about what kind of activities and projects your Big Local area could
- support that could still benefit the area in 10 or 20 years
- consider how individual projects and activities might develop and grow.
The event is free for anyone who lives or works in a Big Local area and lunch is provided. Big Local also provide financial support for travel, childcare and other care costs to residents in Big Local areas. They can also book and pay for travel in advance.
If you are attending a Big Local event as part of your paid work / employment then Big Local asks that your employer cover your expenses. However, they can pay or contribute towards worker’s expenses in exceptional circumstances.
Download flyer with all information here