Bringing together groups and organisations that speak up for those who come here needing a place of safety to unite with one voice around 8 key principles:
1. Improved decision making, so protection is granted to all who need it
2. Access to good quality legal advice and representation
3. An end to the indefinite detention of asylum seekers and migrants
4. An end to destitution, by providing sufficient support to all asylum seekers to ensure they can meet their essential living needs while in the UK
5. Permission to work for asylum seekers whose case has taken more than six months, or who have been refused and are temporarily unable to return home
6. Free access to healthcare for all asylum seekers while they are in the UK
7. Asylum seekers to be welcomed & befriended on arrival, and offered free language tuition so they can fully participate and contribute to the local community
8. All asylum seekers, refugees and migrants to be treated with dignity and respect
Practical ideas for action
- Workshops on media
- Social media
- Awareness raising
- Story telling
- Regional planning
Organised in partnership with and supported by City of Sanctuary, British Red Cross, Refugee Council, Refugee Action, The Boaz Trust, The Forum, Still Human Still Here, Students Action for Refugees, Freedom from Torture, Refugee Survival Trust, Migrant Voice, The Detention Forum, Welsh Refugee Council, Scottish Refugee Council, Refugee Week, Migrant Rights Network
Book online here
Places are limited and organisers are seeking participants from across the UK and the refugee support sector.
Please send decision makers, movers and shakers within your organisation. Please come if you have the power to represent a community or the energy to campaign.
This event is free to all participants but any donations will go towards costs and to support asylum seekers to attend.