Safeguarding Awareness Training
Aims to: Explore the nature of child abuse and how we may best respond to children, young people and families when concerns arise.
Objectives: By the end of the session, participants will be able to demonstrate awareness of:
- The local context for safeguarding children, including the role of the Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board (WSCB)
- What is meant by child abuse and its possible impact on children, including the official definitions
- Identify signs and symptoms of possible abuse
- Explore how best to respond to children, young people and their carers when we suspect a child is being harmed
- Consider what action to take when we suspect possible harm to a child
- Consider how best to seek help and support for ourselves and colleagues.
Warwickshire Safeguarding Children Board has endorsed the Safe Network standards and encourages all VCS organisations to undertake the Safe Network Audit as part of their safeguarding practices.
Book your free place online here
Please note that due to the large numbers of people who do not attend the course following registration, it has been necessary to implement a £50.00 charge for non-attendance.