One day health commissioning masterclass
Are you concerned about changes to the way in which your services are funded?
This course will help you to understand the new funding landscape, alongside networking with commissioners and similar organisations.
What does the course cover?
The events aim to build the commercial skills of charities and social enterprises so you can be more successful in bidding for and delivering public service contracts.
The course is funded by Cabinet Office, Department of Health and ESIF and is FREE to delegates who attend.
A fee of £30 will be charged should you book and not attend on the day
This course is for senior managers and trustees of charities and social enterprises that work in the fields of health, wellbeing and social care.
Participants should already be experienced in charity management, and/or operating projects or services.
By the end of the event, participants should be:
- More knowledgeable about the funding, policy and commissioning context in health, prevention, wellbeing and care services. In particular, be able to understand which agencies commission these services from the VCSE sector and where the health commissioning opportunities might be in the future.
- Able to build stronger contacts and relationships with health commissioners.
- More aware of what is required to establish a coherent and ‘sellable’ service delivery offer, using evidence and data to build a business case for your health, well-being and care work.
- Able to understand how to adapt your business practices to be 'tender-ready' and able to create/ respond to health opportunities and contract with the private sector, where appropriate.
- Able to better understand other sectors’ drivers, motivations and culture.
- Able to build stronger relationships with other providers, including the private sector, to develop consortia and sub-prime contracting relationships.
- More aware of where to go to access further information, support and resources around public service delivery.
We will also
- provide online tools and resources to accompany the learning
- offer suggestions for further development
This course is brought to you by
Voluntary sector – RAWM, NCVO, Regional Voices and Involve Yorkshire & Humber
Funders – Cabinet Office, Department of Health and ESIF.
Book online here
This event is FREE and lunch will be provided.
Note: Non-attendance at this event without providing a substitute or informing the organisers 3 working days beforehand will result in an invoice of £30 for your organisation.