Offenders in the Community
Mental Health conference – Offenders in the Community
YSS is delighted to announce its Mental Health conference – Offenders in the Community in Telford, on June 28 2013. They are delighted to now confirm that HRH The Princess Royal will be attending this event.
THE MAIN AIMS OF THE CONFERENCE ARE TO:
- Provide an understanding of the current environment in relation to offenders in the community with mental health needs
- Provide a service user perspective to influence decision makers
- Identify ways of developing local solutions that inform practice, policy and commissioning arrangements around mental health for offenders in the community
IN PARTICULAR THE CONFERENCE WILL:
- Re-visit Lord Bradley’s recommendations from the Bradley report of April 2009 and examine where we are now
- Focus on those with mild to moderate mental health needs in the community
- Consider the needs of Young Adults (16-24years) particularly around the transition from Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) to Adult Mental Health Services (AMHS)
- Explore what service delivery should look like to meet the needs of offenders in the community, aimed at reducing re-offending?
- Explore the commissioning landscape.
SPECIAL ATTENDANCE HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL.
CONFIRMED KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Lord Bradley: Author of The Bradley report April 2009“Review of people with mental health problems or learning disabilities in the Criminal Justice system”
- Sue Berelowitz: Deputy Children’s Commissioner
- Lucie Russell: Director of Campaigns, Policy and Participation, Young Minds
- Harriet Stranks: Head of Grant Making North Lloyds TSB Foundation
- David Chantler: CEO West Mercia Probation Trust
- Superintendent Charles Hill: West Mercia Police
- Speaker to be confirmed: Mental Health Commissioner
Download flyer here
Please see booking form here.
Delegates will be charged a nominal fee of £60 to cover costs.
Only 150 places are available. Closing date is 31 May 2013.
For enquiries please contact Ann Constable on 01299 252 304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining instructions and final agenda will be emailed in due course.