New Challenges, New Opportunities: 6th Shropshire Autism Conference
6th Shropshire Autism Conference
Parents, people with autism, and professionals working with families are encouraged to attend this conference, organised by Autism West Midlands; there will be opportunities to hear expert speakers, share ideas and strategies in informal workshop sessions and chat with others who have similar experiences.
- Choice and Transition: A personal experience of autism John Simpson
- An autism needs assessment for Shropshire Shropshire Children's Trust
Each attendee will be able to choose one workshop to attend in the morning and one workshop to attend in the afternoon.
- Autism and Girls: Dr Elisabeth Hurley- Autism West Midlands
- Supporting Secondary School transition: Val Jones- Spectra Autism Inclusion Service
- University: The next big challenge: John Simpson- Trainer and person with Asperger Syndrome
- Understanding emotions: Turning negative thoughts into positive actions: Wendy Cowton- Autism West Midlands
- Helping your child to look after their teeth: Amanda Long- Shropshire NHS Dental Service
- An overview of the SEN reforms: Rachel Shelley & Jenny Maher- Autism West Midlands
- Managing sleep difficulties in autism: Moira Draper, Sleep Practitioner- Cerebra
- Introducing sensory diet approaches at home: Katrina Drummon- Shropshire Occupational Therapy Service
- Puberty and autism: Helping your child through the teenage years: Emma Hegenbarth & Simon Fraser- Autism West Midlands
- Siblings: Recognising and addressing issues: Vicki Smart & Jodie Mytton- Autism West Midlands
This year's conference has been funded by Shropshire Council/NHS and generous donations from fundraisers across the West Midlands. As a result, we are happy to welcome bookings from anyone living in Shropshire or the West Midlands.
Book online here