National No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) Network Connect Workshop
The West Midlands Strategic Migration Partnership is working with the National No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) Network to host a FREE NRPF Connect Workshop for voluntary and community sector organisations on NRPF.
The session will be held on Wednesday 30th January at the WMSMP Offices in Birmingham.
This half-day training will enable VCS organisations to achieve the following learning objectives:
- To gain an understanding of the framework surrounding entitlements of people with NRPF to support under community care legislation
- To be able to better advocate for clients who may be eligible for statutory support;
- To be able to better signpost clients to other appropriate services
- To understand better ways of supporting clients with NRPF who are destitute and unable to access support;
- To understand complex cases and navigate to potential solutions; and
- To be aware of the resources that are available in order to stay up-to-date with policy, practice and legal developments.
This course covers key issues, legislation and assessments, for adults, children and families, and in regards to human rights obligations. The programme is organised as follows:
- No recourse to public funds - introduction and overview;
- Key legislation;
- Social services duties - single adults, children & families, human rights
- Avenues to alternative support;
- Additional resources for frontline practitioners; and
- Case studies - bringing the area to life.
Please note: Detailed information on eligibility for mainstream benefits, the habitual residency test or age assessments are outside the scope of this training.